Lancashire Equality Mark
As a school, we are currently working towards the Lancashire Equality Mark.
The Equality Mark is awarded to schools who have taken measures to embed equality throughout their practice with the goal of enabling all pupils to thrive in a supportive learning community.
The Equality Mark comprises of six individual Equality Badges:
- Race Equality Badge
- Gender and Gender Variance Equality Badge
- Disability Equality Badge
- Socio-economic Equality Badge
- Sexual Orientation Equality Badge
- Religion and Belief Equality Badge
Schools can work on specific badges each year. To be awarded with the Equality Mark, all six badges need to be achieved.
We are really proud of all the work our school community does towards the above aspects of equality. This year, we will be working towards achieving the Disability Equality Badge.