Acorns Primary School Mission Statement
- To provide a happy safe caring environment for both pupils & staff.
- To encourage each child to fulfil their potential.
- To create an environment in which every child’s efforts & achievements can be celebrated.
- To deliver an inclusive curriculum with enjoyment & excellence at its heart.
- To encourage all children to be independent learners.
We provide a learning environment for children who have a wide range of learning needs (often called generic learning needs). Our aim is for each individual to fulfil their potential and to be prepared for the next stage of their developmental journey. We appreciate that our pupils will need a curriculum that is diverse, that can be individualised and can be tailored. We aim for excellence and have high expectations for our pupils and from staff. Maintaining positive and productive relationships with parents is key to this process.
Our pupils take part in educational experiences that will equip them for life and enable them to operate successfully within their own environment and the wider community. We will plan teaching programmes that reflect targets in EHCP's and the requirements of the National Curriculum.
Throughout all our work our aim is:
- To fulfil the statutory obligations in relation to each pupil’s Education, Health and Care Plan.
- To provide a broad and balanced curriculum that acknowledges the age, maturity and different capabilities of the pupils, promotes personal fulfilment and encourages them to achieve the highest possible standards of performance in a wide range of educational and social activities.
- To prepare pupils to cope as independently as possible in the home, school and community by developing and encouraging initiative, the ability to make choices and promote the principle of self-advocacy.
- To promote the involvement of parents and carers in all aspects of school life.