Home Wellbeing Ideas for BAME and EAL Pupils and Parents During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Focus on the familiar – a lot of things have changed, but what is the same?
- If you cannot access a place that you normally go, for example a shop, a mosque, or a church, you could make a model of this at home.
- Get some exercise - take a walk in the local park (Preston is full of them!) or play some games in the park or garden.
- Phone or Facetime relatives and friends – ensure a responsible adult is on the call.
- Read a story together, or play with sensory toys.
- Follow a recipe or enjoy a themed meal – you could imagine you are in a favourite café or restaurant!
- Practise breathing exercises or yoga – there some ideas at this site:
- Relax or dance to some of your favourite music.
- If you have specific worries, please get in touch. We may be able to help with a social story or a practical idea.